What Is A Dental Implant?
What Is A Dental Implant?
You might be wondering what a dental implant is. Put simply, dental implants function as close to your natural teeth as possible. Made of titanium, the implant mimics the root of your tooth and is inserted into jawbone permanently. You will be able to chew, drink, laugh, smile, and speak effortlessly. What could be better than that?
Dental Implants in Austin, TX
The experience of tooth loss can be stressful, but not to worry: we have solutions for you! At Cynthia L. Graves, DDS, we use state-of-the-art technology to restore your beautiful, natural-looking smile with dental implants.
Your tooth loss might be the result of untreated tooth decay or gum disease, or perhaps the result of a tooth extraction or dental injury. It is nothing to feel embarrassed or ashamed of! Whatever the reason, we want you to feel assured that you have the best treatment plan available to you. As your general and restorative dentist in Austin, we can fully restore your smile and have you walk out of our office feeling confident.
What to Expect When Getting a Dental Implant
Dr. Graves will use an Omnicam, a highly advanced digital scanner, to scan your mouth, and create a digital 3D impression.
Next, a same-day crown will be designed in the office with our onsite milling machine that utilizes Sirona CAD/CAM software (aka CEREC). Gone are the days where you need to wait for days for a crown to be made! Relax in your chair as we create your natural-looking, custom-designed tooth replacement right in front of you.
Your Dental Implant Options:
Each patient has unique needs, and Dr. Graves will provide your treatments with personalized care and excellence.
- Single-tooth replacements are naturally resistant to tooth decay, such as cavities. These have the highest success rate, and are considered the best long-term investment for replacing a single tooth.
- Multi-tooth replacements are perfect for when three or more teeth in a row need replacing. The tooth implants used to connect the replacement teeth to the surrounding teeth do not affect surrounding teeth.
- Implant-supported dentures replace the entire jawline, whether the top, bottom, or both rows of teeth. The dentures never shift or fall out as they lock into place.
Benefits of Dental Implants
There are multiple benefits in choosing crowns, bridges, or dentures. Here are a few reasons why dental implants are highly desirable for tooth replacement:
- They are naturally strong and resistant to cavities and staining
- They do not require any changes to be made in a regular healthy dental hygiene routine
- They can last a lifetime with regular at-home maintenance and regular dental checkups
- They can reduce or even prevent rapid bone loss in the jaw after tooth loss
- They are designed to look and feel natural
- They are shown to reduce the risk for losing adjacent teeth after tooth loss
Your Family Dentist in Austin, TX
We welcome all patients in the Austin, Round Rock, Pflugerville, Cedar Park, Leander, Georgetown, Wimberly and surrounding areas to our office! At Cynthia L. Graves, DDS, we invest in cutting-edge technology as part of our commitment to providing you with ongoing superior service, detecting oral health issues early on, and delivering treatment plans with unmatched accuracy and excellence.
Whether it’s a routine cleaning or a complete restoration, you’re in for a patient-centered, gentle experience. Give our Austin office a call today at (512) 258-8001 and we can get started on restoring your confidence and your beautiful smile!